Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter


Today, as the rain falls, I'm thinking so much of my girl. Easter was our favorite holiday. 


Her excitement was so evident. I always paid extra attention to her during egg hunts. I'm not sure if I was reliving my favorite childhood events or if I was just storing up memories I never knew I'd need so much for the rest of my life without her. 


I'm glad I didn't know there would only be 6 Easters with my Aubrey Laine. If I had known, I would have stolen the pure innocence of it all. I would have hovered over her and she would've had less fun. Instead, I was able to stay far enough away to capture her joy on camera and in my heart. 


Easter will never be the same for me, without Aubrey. It always falls close to the time we lost her which makes it even harder on my heart. 



But, for the sake of her baby sisters and big brothers, I have to tuck away as much of the pain as possible and be present. 

I remind myself this is the celebration of the day our Savior rose again so that we could live a life undeserved. 

So, here's to six wonderful Easters with Aubrey. 



May today and each Easter to come be a reminder of the One who blessed us with her and the Promise of eternal life with Him (and her). 
LOVE

2006
2007
2008
2009
2010
2011

 

No comments: