Thursday, December 31, 2015

She's Always Here



My little girl is gone. She is also very much here, all around me. While I can't actually see her or touch her, I can always feel her spirit. I can see the evidence of everything that is her...the life that she lived...everywhere I am. I can even see parts of her in these little baby girls and my sons. 

I have incredible memories that seem to come to life in stories that we tell. All it takes is the smallest thing to remind us and we all begin to talk and laugh about who she was...Who she will always be to us. 

She lived a life full of happiness and wonder and LOVE like I've never known before. 

We keep her here with us in our conversations. Her name can never die. Her imprint on our hearts is permanent. All of us who knew her and were lucky enough to love her and to be loved by her will always have her inside us. 

I am so honored that God chose me to have her. I wasn't punished by her death, I was blessed by her LIFE. 

I may mourn her death but I will always cherish her life above all else. 

The greatest thing of all is that we know we are promised to spend the rest of eternity with her in Heaven. Our relationship with Jesus guarantees it. So while some days seem almost more than we can bare, here without her (and, no, it will never feel fair),  we know we can survive it. 

The end of our story is already written and it is a happy one. We will all be together again. 

Soon and very soon...


No comments: