Monday, February 3, 2014

Aub LOVE

Soon after losing Aubrey, some amazing ladies contacted me from the school. Every year the Kindergarten class puts on a Fairytale Ball.
I had been a part of this four years before with my middle son, Caton. It was a lot of fun. Boys dressed as knights or super heros and girls were mostly princesses. They had a parade around the halls of the school and settled into the gym which was decorated and full of fun games, dancing, food and bounce houses.
She told me this year, they decided to honor Aubrey and make it "The Princess Aubrey Fairytale Ball". I was so shocked and amazed that they would do such a thing. I knew my girl was giggling in Heaven at the thought of all those people remembering her and showing such LOVE.


They made these purple t-shirts for all of the Kindergarden kids (and our family). The front of the shirt had a heart Aubrey had drawn with her picture inside. The heart design came from a picture Aubrey drew me with her name inside of a heart. I sent it to my good friend who happens to be an amazing artist and design genius. He polished it up for me and we came up with our first t-shirt design. We sold them and the profits went to the Cystic Fibrosis Research fund (in honor of my neice and also a best friend). We also made car decals, tattoos and bracelets along with two other t-shirt designs. I was a able to donate nearly $2,000 from those sales to CF. 
The best part, other than the donation, is seeing those stickers on cars all over and people wearing the shirts. Those Aub hearts have gone all around the world and it does this Mama's heart good to see them (in person or via picture).



A family member (and long-time teacher and counselor) wanted to do something to help the students closest to Aubrey heal and also promote education. Aubrey's favorite book was "The Giving Tree". So, he had some sent to the school with a sticker inside that to remind them all why they have the book. 

My prayer is that the book will serve them for many years and generations and remind them of my girl who never got to grow older with them. I hope it stays with them throughout their lives and teaches them to live well and LOVE big! I know she implanted that in so many hearts and for that, I am thankful.

No comments: